Hello Learning Pod 6 members,

I really enjoyed going through your interactive learning resource! The topic of leadership is a helpful skill for anyone whether it be for school, work or any other team interactions people may have. For this review I tried to follow the same format as your resource so the headings in this review will match the headings in your resource.

Overview:

I thought the overview did a great job of introducing the topic of leadership and the contents of the resource. I did not find any problems with the overview, just one small spelling/grammar error:

“Also, the interactive learning resource that we designes designed is a web-based module, which consists of multimedia, such as online readings from Harvard Business School, Youtube clips, hyperlinks to useful website, powerpoint, flashcards of key terms, interactive quizzes(will not be counted to the final grade), Case Studies (business writing practices), and peer-critique.”

Learning Theory and Design:

I thought the choice and rational you provided for cognitivism and cooperative learning made sense and suited the topic of your resource.

Learning Context:

For this section my understanding was that we are suppose to provide context for who/where the learning resource your group is creating can be used. For your group’s case in the overview you mentioned that this resource is for new business owners so maybe going more in depth into that (ex. owners should use the resource prior to starting their new business or resource should be used prior to hiring managing staff).

Learning Outcomes and Topics & Activity:

I thought the learning outcomes are well formulated and relevant the topic of communication in leadership.The activities for the sub-outcomes are compatible with the outcomes and allow for assessment of these outcomes. However there was no activity/assessment plan provided for the main outcome which I think is important as this outcome is emphasized as being a vital outcome of this resource and learners should be able to see how they can work to achieve this outcome.

The topics and activities all seemed to have a nice progression and were relevant to the topic however the activities mentioned in the learning outcomes section were not listed here. For me this caused confusion as to when the learning outcomes activities should be completed. Additionally if links could be provided in this section for the articles mentioned I think that would save trouble for people using the resource from going back and forth from topic section to reference section.

Assessment:

For assessments I agree that a mix of formative and summative assessments should be used for this topic. However I did notice that the assessments section doesn’t mention any of the previously listed activities so are all of these activities not going to be assessed?

Inclusion and Technology:

Both of these sections looked good! For inclusion I think having one of the groups be single parents is definitely a good choice as single parents most likely to use this resource considering the intended user of your resource.

Final Thoughts:

Overall I thought the resource was easy to follow and provided activities that are helpful for learning/assessing your topic. I thought you also provided many good resources and rationals to explain your choices for how the learning is delivered. I think the main point of confusion for me when going through this resource was that many great activities were mentioned but when these activities will be completed and how they will be assessed were not specified. If these were to be included your resource would definitely be a great tool for new business owners to learn about communication! Great work on the resource!